Thanks to Kevin at http://voicesofglass.com/ and to http://trippingdifferently.com/, both of whom were kind enough to nominate me for a “Versatile Blogger” award from WordPress over the past week. I am truly touched by this honor from my newfound blogging friends. I have discovered that the blogging universe is filled with many talented and nurturing writers whose adventures and insights inspire me every day.
OK, as a new honoree I need to do several things. First is thank those who nominated me. Kevin, from voicesofglass.com, is chronicling his journey back from mental illness and is one of the bravest bloggers I’ve met. Trippingdifferently.com is a very enthralling blog about the life of a Singaporean family living in Switzerland (where we, too, have family, in Geneva.) Thank you both!
I also need to share seven random facts about myself, so here goes:
1. I have six children and stepchildren, including two beautiful daughters named Rachel.
2. Kraft macaroni and cheese is a guilty pleasure.
3. I can’t remember what you told me yesterday but am a savant with lyrics to obscure rock songs and B-sides.
4. At age 4, I got a safety pin stuck between my teeth.
5. I love playing Beatles on the piano. My 13-year-old son just learned to accompany me with his trombone on “Got to Get You into My Life” and my heart is bursting with joy.
6. I am married to a brilliant, kind, funny and hardworking man who also does my dishes. :-)
7. I am outwardly neat but my closets are a disaster. This is a metaphor for many other facets of my life.
Finally, I’d like to pass this award along to 15 wonderful bloggers! Here goes: